“How much more despicable can the DNR be when catering to their bear hounder puppet masters? You are not going to like the answer. The Wisconsin DNR is proposing to allow hounders to pit their dogs against wolves with very few restrictions and even believing that Judge Anderson’s recent ruling gives them full endorsement to do so. If you care anything for wolves or wildlife this document will make you furious:
Essentially the DNR document that outlines this disgusting proposal uses hearsay from bear hounders and their propaganda to justify what they will be doing to wolves. They even contradict themselves numerous times while openly admitting that bear hounders broke the law by “accidentally” “trailing” wolves when they were and endangered species. To sum up what the document allows:
- No breed restrictions will be in place. This means that hounders can choose breeds specifically bred to fight wolves to pit against them. This is perfectly fine according to the DNR because Wisconsin has a “law” that makes it illegal to kill wild animals with dogs. And we know how honest bear hounders are.
- No leashes will be required. This is because we all know just how difficult it would be for the hounder to have to leave the comfort of their vehicle to actually observe their vicious dog packs terrorizing wildlife. The DNR then talks about how hard it would be for the hounder to “harvest the animal humanely” if they have to keep their dogs on a leash. As we all know they are such humanitarians and care so much about the pain and suffering they inflict on wildlife.
- DNR will trust hounders to teach other hounders how to go after wolves with no certification required because the DNR has no “expertise” in this area? Really? So how are they expected to “enforce” what they have no knowledge of?
- No restrictions about where hounders can let their dogs run rampant in wolf habitat. Remember that hounders will be allowed to let their packs of vicious dogs run completely unsupervised through wolf, bear, and other wildlife habitat during times that coincide with bear hibernation. Whose to say that hibernating bears will not be harassed or even killed by these packs of vicious dogs? The DNR obviously doesn’t care.
- Finally they want to allow hounders to “train” their dogs on wolves with no restrictions right through the breeding, denning, and birthing seasons until the end of March. When pregnant females need to be preparing for the birth of their litters they will be harassed or even attacked by unlimited packs of vicious dogs. The fine print reads that they can “only” use packs of “six” dogs at a time to “train”but that they can switch out to new packs of dogs if the original pack gets tired. So essentially unlimited dogs will be allowed to go after wolves during this very sensitive time. The DNR even has the gall to call this a “reasonable fair-chase restriction.”
And here are the few “restrictions” the DNR will be placing on hounders:
- Hounders cannot go after wolves at night. How generous of them.
- Hounders cannot be reimbursed for dogs killed by wolves while hunting or training against wolves. But of course nothing stops a hounder from claiming that they were “hunting coyotes” so they can get that nice fat $2500 check for their “beloved” dog. In this document the DNR even goes so far as to repeat the bear hounder propaganda about how much they “care” about their dogs.
- The DNR will trust hounders to “call off” their dogs when they think there are more than “1 or 2″ wolves in the vicinity. Of course how can they “call them off” when they are sitting in their trucks and the dogs are running rampant through the woods?
- The the DNR brags about how there were “only” 11 dog “depredations” in 2012. They claim that hounders are being more “careful” about where they let their dogs run. That’s funny considering now they are going to now pit those very same dogs that they claim to “care” for up up against wolves in the same areas. Remember one of the reasons Rep. Scott Suder (R-ALEC) and his anti-wolf allies claimed for the the wolf kill bill was that wolves were “decimating” hunting dogs. Now the DNR refutes that. Wow.
- Finally, hounders can use radio receiving devices to “track” their dogs but can’t use those same devices to seek out radio collared wolves. Of course again we all know how “honest” and “ethical” hounders are.
Then we have the DNR even going so far as to claim that it has been “legal” to “train” dogs against wolves since they were delisted on January 27, 2012. Really? At this time the wolf kill bill had not even passed and wolves were not considered a “game” species yet. So according to the DNR hounders could legally put their dogs up against wolves from the day they were removed from the ESA list? So does this mean hounders can “train” their dogs against any “non-game” species that they want with no restrictions? Then the DNR points out that hounders have let their dogs “unintentionally” chase wolves for years even when they were under federal protection. This is ok? Do these sadists have any rules they are required to follow?
Then we have the quote of all quotes. If you are drinking anything swallow it before reading this:
“We have strived to base our season on science, social desires, and regulations that are reasonable, practical, and acceptable.”
Reasonable, practical, and acceptable to whom? The only ones who find this abomination to be acceptable and reasonable are the bear hounders, their puppets in the DNR, and legislature. There is nothing “science” based about allowing packs of vicious dogs to go after wolves with almost no restrictions. When even the wolf hating states out west do not allow this that tells you something. Wisconsin is the ONLY state that allows this insanity and has the gall to call it “science.” And this garbage about “social desires” is just that, garbage. These anti-wolf zealots will never be satisfied as long as on free wolf is allowed to live. I have it from well placed sources that many within the DNR do not at all agree with the Stepp/Thiede propaganda and their zeal for allowing doges to go after wolves, but they are afraid to speak out. They need to speak out or this is only going to get more extreme and sadistic if that is even possible.
It is also shameful the the Department of Interior under “Cowboy Ken” Salazar has allowed plans like Wisconsin’s to be implemented unchecked. So much for that “five year monitoring” they claim to have in place. This also falls on President Obama who should be ashamed that this is happening under his watch. So much for being a “Progressive.”
The HSUS better use this document as a focal point of their lawsuit to prove this is nothing more than an eradication/revenge hunt to placate bear hounders and anti-wolf zealots. We must also be fully involved by attending the Spring Election of the “Conservation Congress” in each of our counties on April 8th. There will be several “advisory” questions about the use of dogs against wolves. We must mobilize ethical hunters and living wildlife advocates to attend and vote for proposing a law to ban the use of dogs against wolves, and vote against the various anti-wildlife proposals being offered. The DNR continues to spit in the face of anyone who cares about wolves and wildlife and it is up to us to stop them. No more apathy, the time is now to step up and take our wildlife and wild lands back from the bear hounders/trappers and their sadistic allies. The DNR can no longer use the veil of “science” to justify their pandering to the most sadistic and anti-wildlife groups out there.”
**Special thanks toWisconsin Wildlife Ethic-Vote Our Wildlife,
for providing this information!